Types of Vietnam Visas and validity
If you have questions about how many types of Vietnam visa, its symbols and validity, please refer to the article below. We will answer these questions for you to understand more clearly. Vietnam always welcomes and has a lot of preferential policies for foreign tourists who want to apply for a visa on arrival.
How many types of Vienam visas?
Currently, Vietnam issues 10 types of visa: A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, B4, C1, C2 and D. If you do not know exactly what kinds of visitors these symbols refer to, the followings will help you figure out:
- A1: granted to members of official delegations invited by the Party Central Committee, the National Assembly, the President, the Government and guests of equivalent rank of Ministers, Vice Ministers, Presidents, Vice Presidents, of the People's Committees of provinces and cities under central government and their accompanying relatives and maids
- A2: granted to members of foreign representative offices, their relatives and maids
- A3: granted to persons who enter Vietnam to work with foreign missions or visit members of foreign missions
- B1: granted to persons who work with the Supreme People's Procuracy, the Supreme People's Court, the ministries, the ministerial-level agencies, the Government agencies, the People's Committees of the provinces or cities under central government and central bodies of other people and public organizations
- B2: granted to those who implement investment projects already licensed by Vietnamese State
- B3: issued to people who cooperate with Vietnamese enterprises
- B4: granted to persons who work at representative offices or branches of foreign economic, cultural organizations and other professional organizations; non-governmental organizations based in Vietnam
- C1: issued to tourists
- C2: granted to people who enter for other purposes
- D: granted to people entering Vietnam without invitation of any agency, organization or individuals
D is valid for 15 days; Other visas are valid for 30 days or more
According to Article 8 of the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit and Residence for Foreigners No. 47/2014/QH2013 dated 16 June 2014 and take effect from 01 January 2015, the new regulations on types of visas for foreigners are as follows:
- Visa NG1: granted to members of the guest delegation of the General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam, the President, the National Assembly Chairman and the Prime Minister
- Visa NG2: granted to the members of the standing delegation of the Secretariat of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam, the Vice President, the National Assembly Vice-Chairman, the Deputy Prime Minister, the Central Committee Chairman Vietnam Fatherland Front, the Chief Judge of the Supreme People's Court, the Supreme People's Procuracy Chairman and the State Auditor General; Members of the delegation of the same level of the Minister and equivalent, Provincial Party Committee Secretary, City Party Committee Secretary, Chairman of the People's Council and President of People's Committee of provinces or cities under the Central Government
- Visa NG3: granted to members of diplomatic missions, consulates, representative offices of international organizations of the United Nations, representative offices of inter-governmental organizations and spouses, children under 18 and maids accompanying
- Visa NG4: shall be granted to people entering Vietnam to work with diplomatic missions, consulates, representative offices of international organizations of the United Nations, and inter-governmental representative missions; People visiting members of diplomatic missions, consulates, representative offices of international organizations under the United Nations, and inter-governmental representative missions
- Visa LV1: granted to people who work with the departments, agencies and units under the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam; The National Assembly, the Government, the Central Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front, the Supreme People's Court, the Supreme People's Procuracy, the State Audit, ministries, ministerial-level agencies and government-attached agencies. The Provincial Party Committee, City Party Committee, People's Council, People's Committee of province or city under central authority
- Visa LV2: granted to people working with socio-political organizations, social organizations, Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Visa ĐT: issued to foreign investors in Vietnam and foreign lawyers practicing in Vietnam
- Visa DN: issued to people cooperating with Vietnamese enterprises
- Visa NN1: granted to head of representative offices and projects of international organizations and foreign non-governmental organizations in Vietnam
- Visa NN2: granted to head of representative offices, branches of foreign traders, representative offices of economic organizations, cultural organizations and other professional organizations of foreign countries in Vietnam
- Visa NN3 - granted to people who come to work with foreign non-governmental organizations, representative offices, branches of foreign traders, representative offices of economic, cultural organizations and other specialized organizations in Vietnam
- Visa DH: granted to interns and students
- Visa HN: granted to participants in conferences, seminars
- Visa PV1: issued to permanent reporters and journalists
- Visa PV2: granted to short-term reporters and journalists
- Visa LĐ: issued to laborers
- Visa DL: granted to tourists
- Visa TT: granted to foreign spouses or children under 18 of those who are granted LV1, LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ or foreigners who are parents, spouses or children of Vietnamese citizens.
- Visa VR: issued to relative visistors or other purposes.
- Visa SQ: issued to the cases specified in Clause 3, Article 17 of Immigration Law.
* Vietnam Visa validity
- Visa SQ: no more than 30 days
- Visa HN or DL: no more than 03 months
- Visa VR: no more than 06 months
- Visa NG1, NG2, NG3, NG4, LV1, LV2, DN, NN1, NN2, NN3, DH, PV1, PV2 and TT: no more than 12 months
- Visa LĐ: no more than 02 years
- Visa ĐT: no more than 05 years
- Expired visa will be reissued.
- Visa validity is at least 30 days shorter than passport or other travel documents validity
Choose the right type of visa for your entry purpose. If you are wondering how to get a visa, please refer to the article below.
How to get a Vietnam visa?
If you have any difficulty applying for a Vietnam visa, please contact us for assistance. Visa support service is a safe, fast and convenient solution for customers. With many years of experience and enthusiastic staff, we have supported many citizens of different countries in the world to apply successfully. We are always ready to serve you all the time.
Hotline: (+84) 903 111 062
Hits : 465